EuroGrowth’s breakout sessions explore a number of timely, relevant and sometimes provocative topics. Check back soon as more speakers are added.
Tuesday, 11 June
12:30 – 13:15
Private Debt versus Private Equity: A Financing Debate
Investment debate: PE vs. Alternative Lender. Two M&A pros face off and weigh whether a featured investment is worthy of their capital. The audience decides whose argument is the winner.
- Jo Bennett Coles, Managing Director at FGI Finance
- Thomas Seddon, Principal, The Riverside Company
- Moderated by Nigel McNelly, Partner, Opus Corporate Finance
13:45 – 14:30
Executing a Successful Post-Acquisition Integration
Panelists will discuss key factors which determine a successful integration and the preparation for that integration prior to closing.
- Duncan Ramsay, Investment Director, ECI Partners
- Phil Walker, Commercial Director, TMF Group
- Andy Currie, Managing Partner, Alantra
- Joaquim Borras, Presidente, Edad & Vida
- Moderated by Maarten De Jongh, Partner, Norgestion
Concurrent Afternoon Sessions
15:30 – 16:15
Strengthening Relationships to Attract LPs
What do LPs want? Panelists will offer insight into the characteristics that LPs are looking for in a manager, as well as their best practices for managing the relationship between fundraising cycles and how to respond to demands for increased transparency.
- Sunaina Sinha, Managing Partner, Cebile Capital
- Harry Dolman, Partner and COO, HPE Growth Capital
- Moderated by Marie Weijler, Senior Manager, Princip.al
Predicting and Managing Tech Disruptions
Should firms hire in-house experts to assess tech risk and opportunity in their fields? How do tech advances impact valuations? How should the assessment be adjusted to consider new technologies like AI? Learn how to assess how well your potential portfolio companies are prepared to manage tech disruption in their industry.
- Stephen Lowery, Managing Director, Silicon Valley Bank
- Ron Belt, Managing Partner, Capital Mind
- Moderated by Eddy Boorsma, Partner, SIG Transaction Services
Wednesday, 12 June
10:30 – 11:15
The Management Side of M&A: How do we get better?
This panel will address the uncertainties driving deals, succession planning and partnership capital from a senior management team perspective.
- Tim Thomas, Partner, Liberty Corporate Finance
- JoEllen McLaughlin, Founder and Executive Coach and Management Consultant, Sage Business Coaching and Consulting
- Susanna Fuchsbrunner, Partner, K&L Gates
- Siobhan Sweeney Cordova, Executive Vice President, American Industrial Acquisition Corporation
- Moderated by Dr. Mike Hicks, Principal, Catalysis Advisory Ltd.
Concurrent Afternoon Sessions
11:30 – 12:15
Family Offices: A New Competitor for Direct Deals
- Marie Weijler, Senior Manager, Princip.al
- Eva Tarasova, Communications Director, Wharton Asset Management Company Ltd.
- Moderated by Richard Jaffe, Partner, Duane Morris
Private Markets Impact Investing Masterclass
This session will clarify what exactly impact investing is and educate non-impact investors about the myriad of lessons for management and reporting. Panelists will discuss new principles for impact investing as well as upcoming UN standards. Overall, the panel will feature impact investing lessons for private market investors who want to understand the benefits of value creation beyond financial returns.